Did you know that Forbes lists Washington, DC as one of the best areas for job seekers? Become a surgical technologist and discover your potential in the excitement of the nation’s capitol! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Washington DC surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $48,950
- Currently employed: 590
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington DC Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now