Did you know that the Bureau of Labor Statistics ranks Virginia as one of the top-ten states with the lowest unemployment rates? Realize your earning potential and help save lives—become a surgical technologist in Virginia and experience the magnificent beauty of the Old South! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Richmond to Arlington you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Virginia surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $41,040
- Currently employed: 2,150
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Virginia Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!