Did you know that the Bureau of Labor Statistics ranks Virginia as one of the top-ten states with the lowest unemployment rates? Realize your earning potential and help save lives—become a surgical technologist in Virginia and experience the magnificent beauty of the Old South! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Richmond to Arlington you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Virginia surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $41,040
- Currently employed: 2,150
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Virginia Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now