Did you know that Texas has more than 25 million residents? Because of this, medical careers are in extremely high demand, with surgical technology at the top of the list. Become a Texas surgical technologist and experience the diverse wonders of The Lone Star State! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Houston to Dallas to San Antonio, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Texas surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Texas:
- Average annual salary: $40,200
- Currently employed: 8,650
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Texas Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!