Did you know that Forbes ranks Tennessee as one of the unhealthiest states in the union? Be the change that Tennessee needs and help make it a healthier state—become a surgical technologist! Realize your incredible earning potential and give hope to The Volunteer State! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Nashville to Memphis to Knoxville, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Tennessee surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Tennessee:
- Average annual salary: $37,270
- Currently employed: 3,680
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Tennessee Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now