Did you know that, out of all the states in the nation, South Dakota has one of the highest percentages of senior citizens? Become a surgical technologist and help tend to the growing needs of South Dakota’s geriatric community while enjoying the welcoming, Midwestern charm of The Mt. Rushmore State! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Pierre to Sioux Falls to Black Hills to Sturgis, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a South Dakota surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in South Dakota:
- Average annual salary: $35,820
- Currently employed: 410
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
South Dakota Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now