What do cardinals, emeralds, and dogwood flowers have in common? They are all native to the beautiful state of North Carolina! You can be, too: become a North Carolina surgical technologist today! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Raleigh to Charlotte, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a North Carolina surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in North Carolina:
- Average annual salary: $38,390
- Currently employed: 3,130
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
North Carolina Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now
At Miller-Motte, we focus on offering the latest courses, and we care about the personal success of each and every one of our students. Because the marketplace demands it, we offer degrees and diplomas leading to long-term sustainable careers for our grads.
Whether preparing to enter the professional world or expanding your skills, education should be available wherever, whenever. With Miller-Motte you can rely on challenging programs, interesting curriculum, and a friendly educational environment.