Did you know that New York has one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation? Because of this, medical careers are in extremely high demand, with surgical technology at the top of the list. Become a New York surgical technologist and explore the endless possibilities of the Empire State! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Long Island to Albany to Manhattan to Brooklyn, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a New York surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in New York:
- Average annual salary: $45,160
- Currently employed: 4,800
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New York Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now