Did you know that the Bureau of Labor Statistics ranks Nebraska as one of the top-five states with the lowest unemployment rates? Realize your earning potential and help save lives—become a surgical technologist in Nebraska, the friendly Cornhusker State! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Omaha to Lincoln to the Tri-Cities, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Nebraska surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Nebraska:
- Average annual salary: $38,590
- Currently employed: 680
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nebraska Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now