Did you know that, out of all the states in the nation, Louisiana has the highest percentage of babies born by cesarean delivery? Help bring new life into the world: become a surgical technologist in the majestic Sugar State! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Baton Rouge to Jefferson Parish, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Louisiana surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Louisiana:
- Average annual salary: $36,680
- Currently employed: 1,480
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Louisiana Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now
McCann School of Business & Technology
You’ll Love Our Flexible Program Options
Not everyone can devote an entire day to classwork. Some students work full- or part-time jobs while others have children and families to care for. We realize that life can be busy and hectic, so we developed flexible programs that allow students to attend classes at times that are convenient for them.
If you’re looking for flexible career programs, look no further than McCann. We can help you earn an ASB/AST Degree or Diploma without giving up your job or sacrificing time with your family.