What do cardinals, peonies, and tulip trees have in common? They are all native to the beautiful state of Indiana! You can be, too: become an Indiana surgical technologist today! Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Indianapolis to Fort Wayne to Evansville, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As an Indiana surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Indiana:
- Average annual salary: $39,210
- Currently employed: 2,280
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Indiana Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now
Spencerian College has been educating students since 1892 and is part of the Sullivan University system which is Kentucky’s largest private college system with over 6,000 students. Spencerian offers career-focused curriculums in business, medical and technical fields. Spencerian College is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award certificates, diplomas, and Associate degree programs. The mission of Spencerian College is to provide men and women with quality training for careers in the business, technical and health care professions.