Did you know that Georgia has nearly 10 million residents? Because of this, medical careers are in extremely high demand, with surgical technology at the top of the list. Become a Georgia surgical technologist and enjoy easy-livin’ in the enchanting Peach State. Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Atlanta to Savannah to Marietta, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Georgia surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Georgia:
- Average annual salary: $37,490
- Currently employed: 2,750
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Georgia Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now