Did you know that, out of all the states in the nation, Connecticut offers one of the highest average annual salaries for surgical technologists? Realize your earning potential and help save lives—become a surgical technologist in Connecticut, the jewel of New England. Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from New Haven to Hartford to Bridgeport, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a Connecticut surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Connecticut:
- Average annual salary: $47,360
- Currently employed: 930
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Connecticut Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now