Did you know that, out of all the states in the nation, California offers one of the highest average annual salaries for surgical technologists? Whether you chose to live by the sandy beaches of San Diego or in the alpine regions of the Sierras, make sure to begin your exciting career in surgical technology in the Golden State. Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from San Diego to Los Angeles to San Francisco, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As a California surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in California:
- Average annual salary: $48,820
- Currently employed: 9,110
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
California Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now