Did you know that, out of all the states in the nation, Arkansas has one of the highest percentages of senior citizens? Become a surgical technologist and help tend to the growing needs of Arkansas’ geriatric community. Arkansas is the “Land of Opportunity,” and is an incredible place to begin this in-demand career. Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Ozarks to Little Rock, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As an Arkansas surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Arkansas:
- Average annual salary: $34,840
- Currently employed: 970
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Arkansas Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now