Did you know that Arizona is one of the states leading the nation in annual job growth? Begin your exciting career in surgical technology in the warm and welcoming jewel of the Southwest. Use the list below to help find a school to start you on the path to your new career. With campuses all across the state from Phoenix to Tucson to Flagstaff, you’re sure to find a school near you. Choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs to find the learning experience that works best for you.
As an Arizona surgical technologist, you will:
- Prepare the operating room and surgical equipment
- Ready the patient by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites
- Supply the surgeons with the instruments and other sterile supplies necessary
- Transfer patients to and from the operating room
Some career figures for surgical technologist professionals in Arizona:
- Average annual salary: $46,760
- Currently employed: 1,680
- Employment outlook: 25%
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Arizona Surgical Technologist Schools Enrolling Now